BIBLE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL ASIA PACIFIC DIVISION LIMITED
Revision Date 10 February 2015
At Bible League International Asia Pacific Division Limited (hereafter referred to as Bible League International), we are committed to protecting your privacy. Your privacy is very important to us and we want to assure you that our privacy practices are held to the highest standard.
- When is your personal information collected?
Your personal information is collected when you choose to make a donation or request information from Bible League International. All information collected is used solely for communication and administration purposes.
- Type of personal information collected. How do we use it?
Bible League International will use your name, address, phone number (landline and/or mobile) or email address as appropriate to communicate with you, including proving you with donation receipts and other news in relation to the ministry of Bible League International.
When you sign up to receive e-News or other email based correspondence from Bible League International, we require your name and e-mail address. This allows us to send you our e-News, and other updates as requested by you and to personalise those communications to you.
Bible League International will never sell, trade or rent your personal information to other individuals, agencies or organisations. We would only disclose you information to a third party if required by law.
- Storage and Security
All of the data we collect is protected against unauthorised access by secure encrypted channels and other security measures.
- Quality and Access
We at Bible League International appreciate your interest in our ministry. We endeavour at all times to provide accurate information for your review while providing industry standard safeguards for any and all personal information you may submit. To ensure the accuracy of your personal information held by Bible League International we may, from time to time, contact you to verify your information.
Please contact us on 852-3582-4445 during business hours or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or wish to review your personal information held by Bible League International. The provision of this information will normally be free of charge however a small administrative fee may be incurred depending on the format that you request e.g. the cost of postage and handling may be included for printed material provided to you via surface mail.
- Changing Communication Preferences
If at any time you wish to change the frequency or type of communication that Bible League International provides to you then please contact us through one of the communication options given in Section 10 below.
For email communications you may unsubscribe or update your subscription preferences by selecting the appropriate option on our emails to you.
8.2 Links to other Websites
The Bible League International website (www.bibleleague.org.hk) may contain links to enable you to easily visit other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave Bible League International’s website, you should note that we do not have any control over these other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting other sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic to improve our website. This information is used for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- How to Make a Privacy Complaint
If you have a concern about your privacy in relation to personal information held by Bible League International you have the right to make a complaint and Bible League International will take appropriate measures to rectify the situation to your satisfaction.
To lodge a complaint please contact our Hong Kong Office on 852-3582-4445. Your privacy concern will be recorded on a Privacy Complaints Form and a copy will then be issued to you via surface mail or email. We will seek to resolve your concern within 7 working days of the receipt of your complaint. However, should this prove to be impractical then we will contact you to:
- Explain the reason for the delay;
- Provide you with the expected timeframe to resolve the complaint; and
- Seek your agreement to the extension period.
- If you are not satisfied with our handling of your privacy complaint then you can refer your complaint to external dispute resolution. You may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, Hong Kong on 852-2827-2827, via email on email@example.com or in writing to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data Hong Kong, 12/F, Sunlight Tower, 248 Queen’s Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong.
- Contacting Us
You can contact us via:
- Phone – 852-3583-4445 (during business hours)
- Mail – Room 1304 Rightful Centre, 12 Tak Hing Street, Jordan, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
GENERAL POLICY MATTERS (NOT PRIVACY)
- Copyright Restrictions
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed on our website or printed by Bible League International is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from Bible League International. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by Bible League International to use any item displayed or printed.
Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that:
- Copyright and source indications are also copied;
- No modifications are made; and
- The document is copied in its entirety.
- Refund Policy
Bible League International does not generally refund donations. For enquiries, please contact 852-3582-4445 or email@example.com.
- Direct Debit Requests
In respect to a Direct Debit Request (DDR) arrangement(s) made between Bible League International (Bible League International Asia Pacific Division Limited) and you; our service to you and your rights are set out below:
In terms of the Direct Debit Request arrangements made between us and signed by you, we undertake to periodically debit your nominated account for the agreed amount for the specified project chosen by you.
4.1 Drawing Arrangements
By signing a Direct Debit Request, you authorise us to arrange for funds to be debited from your account:
- a) The amounts drawn will be as due under the agreement or any agreed variations to it thereafter or any greater amount which you, either of you, or a third party instruct us to draw, provided such instruction is given in the manner specified in the operating authority held by us in connection with your account.
- b) We will arrange for funds to be debited from your account:
As requested and authorised in the Direct Debit Request; or
- According to any notice sent by you specifying the amount payable and the date the payment is due;
- c) The donation will be deducted from your nominated account on the 15th day of the month. If the due date for payment falls on a non-working day or a national public holiday, the payment will be processed on the next working day.
- d) We will give you at least 14 days notice in writing when changes to the initial terms of the arrangement are made. This notice will state any changes to the initial terms.
- e) If you wish to discuss any changes to the initial terms please contact our office on 852-3582-4445 between the hours of 9am to 5pm (Mon-Fri)
f ) It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient funds in the nominated account when payments are to be drawn. If you do not have sufficient funds then the payment will be regarded as not having been made;
- g) You should be aware that:
Direct Debiting through a Bulk Electronic Clearing System is not available on all accounts (check with your financial institution);
ii. Account details should be checked against a recent statement from your financial institution. If you are in any doubt, you should check with your financial institution before completing the Direct Debit Request; and
iii. It is your responsibility to advise us if your nominated account is altered, transferred or closed.
- h) If your drawing is returned or dishonoured by your financial institution we will notify you in writing and until otherwise notified cancel any further transactions.
Any transaction fees payable by us in respect of the above will be considered a loss unless notified by you to add them to the next debit from your account.
If you believe there has been an error in debiting your account, please contact our office as soon as possible so that we can resolve your query quickly.
Your records and account details will be kept private and confidential and will only be disclosed at your request or at the request of the financial institution in connection with a claim made to an alleged incorrect or wrongful debit, or otherwise as required by law. For all matters relating to the Direct Debit arrangement on your account, including requests for deferment of debits, alteration of debit arrangements or stopping or cancelling your Direct Debit Request, please call us on 852-3582-4445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If you do not receive a satisfactory response from us to your dispute, contact your financial institution who will respond to you with an answer to your claim:
– within 7 business days (for claims lodged within 12 months of the disputed drawing); or
– within 30 business days (for claims lodged more than 12 months after the disputed drawing).
• You will receive a refund of the drawing amount if we cannot substantiate the reason for the drawing.
Note: Your financial institution may ask you to contact us to resolve your disputed drawing prior to involving them.